Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Graphic Thank You in Razzleberry


Just between you and me, I bought the Back to Black DSP mostly for this one awesome print.  And then I bought a second pack for the same reason.  SHHH!!  I like all the other prints in the pack too, but this one with the bold graphic fruit just really makes my socks go up and down!  I wanted to make a card where this paper was the star of the show, and I chose Rich Razzleberry to be the bold color in this combination.

I started with a piece of this DSP, cut down to 4 3/4" x 3".  I used the darkest Rich Razzleberry Blendability marker to color in the middle row of fruit, and then I matted it on a piece of Basic Black that measured 4 7/8" x 3 1/8".  I did a ribbon wrap with a knot around the bottom of the panel, using Rich Razzleberry cotton ribbon and adhered the panel directly to the card base with Snail adhesive.

For the sentiment, I grabbed the Lovely Amazing You set, which was already out on my desk (all the sentiments are so cute, and they fit into a circle punch perfectly).  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White, and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I also punched out a black circle with the 2" punch and matted it behind the sentiment.  I added a Rich Razzleberry heart from the same stamp set, and a tiny rhinestone jewel to one side of the heart.  I adhered the sentiment circle to the card with dimensionals so it could straddle the ribbon and lift off the card a little.

That's it!  Quick, easy, and cute!  Any of the sentiments in the Lovely Amazing You set would be awesome on this card.  It's such a versatile set, I am so glad I got it this spring.  And I love the adorable hand-written font style too.  Actually, you could use any color of cardstock/ink with any of the patterns in the Back to Black paper pack, and any sentiment you want for this card.  Awesome!!  Now go make one!!! 

All supplies are listed below - click on any of them to purchase from my store.  Thanks for stopping by!

Note: Due to quality control issues, Stampin' Up! is no longer carrying the Blendabilities.  Instead, try the Stampin' Write markers, or color with blender pens/aquapainters and reinkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...