Thursday, March 5, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dude! #tbt


Hey everyone, here's one from the vault!  Isn't it totally excellent?  LOL.  I made this card for my nephew a few years ago when he was turning 5, or somewhere thereabouts.  Raphael was his favorite turtle at that time.  I got such a kick out of designing this card, and even though there is absolutely zero stamping, I really like how it turned out!  You could switch up the colors and do all of the turtles to make fun birthday invitations for a little boy's birthday party.

The card base is Real Red, and the turtle panel is Always Artichoke.  I hand cut the mask and mouth out of Real Red and Whisper White, using a black Sharpie to roughly draw in the lines so that they would look like they were out of a comic book.  I also hand-lettered the "Cowabunga" sentiment on the front and hand cut it out of Daffodil Delight.  I folded a piece of Real Red satin ribbon in half and sandwiched the fold between the Always Artichoke layer and the Basic Black mat layer with glue dots. 

This card was made a while ago, and Stampin' Up! has since come out with a photopolymer stamp set called "Calling All Heroes," which would be perfect for making comic book style cards like this one.  If I did this card again, I could use the letters from that stamp set to create the sentiments.  In fact, I'm thinking of getting that stamp set just for future nephew cards, LOL!  I'll link it below in case you want to check it out.

Hope you enjoyed this whimsical change from my usual style of cards!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...