Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hope Springs


Hi everyone!   Today I have a clean and simple card for you.  It uses Stampin' Up! products, but also a sentiment from a stamp set called "His Child," by My Favorite Things.  I wanted a sentiment that filled the space vertically, and this one seemed to fit the bill!

To make this card, I started out with a card base made from Gina K Designs 120lb white cardstock.  I use this cardstock whenever I want a white card base, because it is so thick and heavy.  The sponged panel is a piece of Whisper White cardstock, cut to 1 3/4" x 4 3/4".  I stamped the fern image from the Butterfly Basics set in Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I sponged over it with Certainly Celery ink from the bottom up, and Pool Party from the top down.  Then I deepened the color at the very top and bottom with Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabi.  I wiped the residual ink off of my embossed image with a dry Kleenex, and mounted it on to a Basic Black panel that measured 1 7/8" x 4 7/8".  Then I adhered it to the card base, stamped my sentiment, and accented it with candy dots from the Brights collection.  Voila!  Easy peasy, and just right for spring!

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...