Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Lakeside Sunset, Color Challenge


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I am just having so much fun this spring break.  Every day I get to try the Splitcoaststampers challenge, and I don't have to rush off to work right away.  Happy sigh!  It's also a gorgeous sunny day out, so I'm eager to get out and go for a long walk.  Can't sit on my keister all day stamping, right?  Ha ha!  

Today's card is for the color challenge: So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Strawberry Slush.  Just look at that beautiful color combo.  It's perfect for sunsets!!  


I'm going to apologize right up front; a few of my photos turned out awfully out of focus today.  It's annoying, and I'm sorry!  But I included them because I thought you'd at least get the idea of what I did, and a blurry visual might be better than no visual for some of us.  Anyway, here goes:

I started off with a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I sponged So Saffron in a band right across the middle:



Then Crisp Cantaloupe above and below that:



 Then Strawberry Slush at the very top and bottom.  Sorry about the blurry photo!  Quick!  Scroll on!



Using black ink, stamp the tree line across the middle of the paper.  Mask off the bottom half, under the hills, and sponge in the hills with black ink.



Remove the mask and use what little ink is left on the dauber to sponge in a lighter reflection of the hills in the water.



Clean off the stamp, dry it well, and mask off the hills with a post it or painter's tape.  Ink up the stamp, remove the tape, and stamp the trees onto a sheet of acetate or transparent plastic.



Quickly, before the ink dries, flip the plastic over and position it underneath the first row of trees.  Press with your fingers to transfer the ink from the plastic to the paper.  It will create a patchy, mottled image, rather than a crisp one - good for reflections.



Here is what it looks like after the reflection is stamped.  Now I kind of wish I'd stopped here, but NO!  I went on tinkering!



Use a clean eyeshadow applicator to sponge in some clouds with Strawberry Slush ink.



Use a Calypso Coral marker to swipe in some ripples on the water.  Highlight with a white gel pen.



Sponge around the edges with black ink.



Mat it onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock (I like a 3/16" border, so I cut the black cardstock to measure 5 3/16" x 3 15/16").  I also ran out of black candy dots, so I used a black Sharpie to color in some of the white ones.  Stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto white cardstock, and punched it out with the Word Window punch.  Matted it on a black piece punched with the Modern Label punch.  Cut off the right side of the sentiment and butted it up against the edge of the black mat.  Stuck the whole panel to a Crisp Cantaloupe card base.



Placed the candy dots in the top left corner, and voila!  The card is done!



I hope you enjoyed today's project!  I'm excited to see what other people do with this awesome color combo today.  Supplies for this card are listed below.  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...