Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lovely Amazing You!


LOTS of fun techniques on this card, hooray!  Paper piecing, coloring with Blendabilities (sadly discontinued), sponging, faux stitching... I had such a great time designing it, I might just make a few more.  You could use so many different sentiments on this one too.

I started by stamping the house from Holiday Home onto Whisper White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I colored it in using the light, medium and dark Blendabilities in Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight.  I accented the window sills and door frame with the Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker.  Then I die cut it out with the matching framelits - so easy!  

When that was done I set the house aside and began working on the scenery.  I cut a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White and used a couple of hand-cut cloud shapes as stencils to sponge in some clouds, using Bashful Blue ink.  Soft Sky would look nice too if you don't have Bashful Blue.  Then I hand cut some hills from the Park Lane DSP, as well as a little strip of road.  I sponged them all with matching colors (Crushed Curry on the yellow piece, Old Olive on the green, and Soft Suede on the brown), glued them all down with liquid glue and added faux stitching with markers.  I popped the house up on dimensionals and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso Ink.  I added the little heart in Poppy Parade ink.

Then I mounted the panel onto an Early Espresso mat that measured 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and put that on a Bashful Blue card base.

I hope you enjoyed the project for today!  Holiday Home is now a retired set, but lots of us have it and it's fun to find ways to use it other than for the holidaysThanks for stopping by!

Note: Due to quality control issues, Stampin' Up! is no longer carrying the Blendabilities.  Instead, try the Stampin' Write markers, or color with blender pens/aquapainters and reinkers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...