Monday, March 2, 2015

Nesting Pair 2


Day four of this nasty cold/flu bug.  I am so ready for it to be over.  I will go back to work tomorrow; it's too hard for a teacher to be gone and make all those sub plans, and deal with the aftermath the next day!  Last night I could not get to sleep, thinking of all the things that had to be done and all the plans and materials I had to get ready for the sub today.  RRGGHHHHH, It's that kind of stress that got me into this in the first place!  But right now there is nothing I can do but sip my hot tea and take care of myself.  So I guess I'll stamp!  Some people read books, some people journal... I stamp out my stress.  :)

Today's project is an improvement on Friday's card.  I have tweaked a few things and deepened the colors, and I like this one even better.  I omitted the grasses on the swimming bird image and instead put in the grasses in the foreground, from the Wetlands stamp set.  I think it makes more sense to see grasses on the shore rather than out in the middle of the lake anyway.  I also changed the sky color to Bashful Blue, instead of Soft Sky... Soft Sky has a greenish tint to it, which isn't really my idea of a sky color, actually.  I also cut out a couple of cloud shapes from Whisper White cardstock and used them as a template to sponge in the clouds in the background.   I deepened the water colors near the horizon, which I think adds more realism to the scene.  And I colored the "berries" on the branches at the top brown, rather than leaving them olive like the leaves.  I also shaded in the shadow under the swimming goose with colors that echoed her real colors, rather than just blue like I did on Friday's sample.  Compare the two; I think this one is way better.  What do you think?  I hope this inspires you to tweak something that you have created... something that you like the idea of, but aren't totally satisfied with yet.  Art is a process; a lifelong journey.  As Chef John might say, YOU are the queen of your hand-stamped scene!  :D

Note: Due to quality control issues, Stampin' Up! is no longer carrying the Blendabilities.  Instead, try the Stampin' Write markers, or color with blender pens/aquapainters and reinkers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...