Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Rainbow Ribbon Hearts


Aren't these little notecards fun?  I CASE'd a sample I saw here on Scrapbooking247.com.  They were so quick and easy, and a great way to use up ribbon scraps.

For the card base I cut pieces of Kraft cardstock to 3" x 6" and scored them at 3" to make little square note cards.  Then I cut three little 2 3/4" square panels to go on top and die cut a heart in the lower left corner.  I ran the pieces through my Big Shot with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I added Snail adhesive around the outside of the heart cutouts, on the back side of the panels, and then adhered ribbon scraps in rainbow order.  I think it works extra well if the ribbons have some sort of texture or pattern on them, for interest.  I popped these panels up on the card base with dimensionals and added a little flower button with linen thread tied in a cute knot.  So easy and cute!  As a final touch, I went around the hearts with my Early Espresso marker for some faux stitching, because I wanted the heart to stand out a little more. 

Hope you enjoyed this cute and fun little project!  Supplies are listed below, except for the ribbon because I just used random bits I had... some are retired, some are from Stampin' Up!, others are not... just use what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...