Tuesday, March 24, 2015

You Make My Heart Happy


This is a fun little note card that just evolved as I went along.  I started by stamping the envelope image from the Lovely Amazing You stamp set several times in different colors onto a scrap of Whisper White.  I liked how that panel looked so I cropped it out and mounted it on black.  I decided on a sentiment from the same set, and stamped it in the center with Versamark ink.  Then I heat set it with black embossing powder so that it would show up crisply against all the color.  I thought it needed a little heart on it somewhere, to go with the words in the saying... so I added a little gold heart on the flap of the purple envelope.  Then I needed something to tie the gold in, so I mounted the panel onto a mat of gold foil paper.  By now the whole thing was starting to look rather dark and dramatic, so I thought I would lighten things up by bringing in one of the bright, playful colors from the stamped envelopes for the card base.  Coastal Cabana to the rescue!  I decided on a wider border so that there would be quite a bit of the Coastal Cabana showing, because the focal image uses all narrow, tight borders.  But when I laid it all out it looked just a bit plain.  So I decided to keep with the light, playful feeling by adding some cute polka dots in a tone-on-tone shade.  The Kinda Eclectic stamp set had just the dots I wanted, and my stamp-a-ma-jig helped me place them around the border of the card so that they lined up well.  And voila, it was done!  

This is one of those cards where I had no idea how it would turn out when I started it, but I like how it took shape.  I hope you enjoyed this project, and that it inspires you to just grab an image and see where it takes you.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...