Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Baby Shower Card


Hello everyone!  Today's card is my spin on the sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  Here was the sketch Cathy gave us to play with:


I flipped the sketch on its side, so that the smaller curvy piece was on the left.  Then, as I looked at it, it reminded me of a cute little maternity dress with a baby bump; and the idea for this baby shower card was born!  GET IT?  LOL, sometimes I crack myself up.  
 Smiley

To make this card, I started with a piece of the retired Watercolor Wonder DSP (in keeping with yesterday's color challenge also), and used the Adorning Accents edgelits and embossing folders to cut and emboss a little dress.  I trimmed out the neckline with my scissors and added pearls under the bustline and at the scalloped hem.  My card layers are as follows:  Strawberry Slush card base, a 5 1/4" x 4" So Saffron layer, and a 5" x 3 3/4" Crisp Cantaloupe layer that I ran through the Tulip Frame embossing folder.  I popped the dress up on dimensionals, and then got to work on the sentiment.  

For that, I used the Baby Bundle stamp set.  I stamped the four-line poem in Strawberry Slush ink onto Whisper White cardstock, and added the "congratulations" underneath in Crisp Cantaloupe.  I colored in the hearts with a So Saffron marker, and punched it out with a 1 3/4" circle punch.  Then I punched out a 2" Strawberry Slush circle and a 2 3/8" So Saffron scalloped circle.  I stuck them all together with snail and then adhered the piece directly to the card front.

I had a lot of fun figuring out this card, and I hope it inspires you to use your dies in a new way!  Thanks for stopping by!


  Product List
Adorning Accents Edgelits Die
Adorning Accents Edgelits Die
Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
Baby Bundle - Clear-Mount Stamp
Baby Bundle - Clear-Mount Stamp

1 comment:

  1. This card is so pretty and a very wonderfully unique twist on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...