Friday, April 3, 2015

Love is... French Fries??


Today you will have to bear with my quirky sense of humor a little bit.  I made this card at 11pm last night, and my creativity was taking a goofy turn, I think!  Do you recognize that image?  Take a look at the stamp I used:




Do you see it?  It's the bottom part of the tulips, masked off and turned upside down!  I was fussy-cutting them out for another card earlier this week, and I thought to myself that they reminded me of French fries.  Ha ha!  I didn't have a sentiment stamp that went with it, so I hand wrote one.  I need to work on my lettering and spacing, but for an 11pm creation, I'll take it!  :D

To make this card, I folded a piece of GKD 120lb white cardstock, and used a Post-it to mask off the upper portion of the tulip stamp.  I had already cut off the "Love is Kindness" sentiment and mounted that to a separate block... I do that a lot with stamps like this, because I don't always want the sentiment attached.  Then I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the "fries" in the corner and stamped them in StazOn Jet Black ink.  I also cut out a mask from the sticky part of a post it and covered up the image, then sponged lightly around it with Pool Party ink.  I removed the mask and colored in the fries using Real Red and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write markers.   I used my fine-tipped black Pitt pen to draw a line across the bottom of the image so that the bottom of the "fry box" looked finished.

For the sentiment, I googled around for a while looking at various fast-food themed cards, and finally settled on this one.  I used my best Teacher Handwriting to write it in with the Pitt pen, and the card was done!  I need to do more clean and simple cards like this.  Once I had the idea figured out, it only took me about 5 minutes!

Hope you enjoyed this project, and that it inspires you to look at your stamps in a new way.  It's fun to turn them around in different directions, omit parts of the image, and imagine what other objects you could stamp from them.  Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool! Great multipurpose use too, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...