Thursday, April 16, 2015

Midnight Snacks


Here's another funny, retro-style card I made last night.  It's available now while supplies last, in my Etsy store.  I had such fun making this one, and I love the colors and textures on this card!

I started with the sentiment and the woman's image, both from Riley and Company Stamps.  I stamped them next to each other in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock, and die cut the panel with the Labels Framelits.  Then I laid the same framelit down onto a piece of So Saffron, traced around it with a pencil, and cut it out.  That gives you a mat that isn't quite as big as if you had used the next size up framelit to cut it out.  I colored in the image with Stampin' Write markers, sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake, and added tiny faux stitches with a Crumb Cake marker.  The two label shapes were adhered together and set aside.

Next, I cut a piece of Calypso Coral that measured 2" x 5 1/8", and ran it through the Vintage Wallpaper TIEF.  Then I gently swiped a Whisper White Craft inkpad over just the raised parts of the embossing.  Don't you love the distressed, shabby chic look that gives to the Calypso Coral piece?  Almost as if it was weathered wood!  I cut a piece of the Back to Black DSP that measured about 3" x 5 1/8", and adhered them together so that the finished dimensions were 3 7/8" x 5 1/8 (I used my grid paper to line them up as I was taping them together).  I matted that onto a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Basic Black.  Then I wrapped a piece of Soft Sky seam binding around where the two panels met, and tied a little floppy bow.  I did use a couple of glue dots behind parts of the bow, to hold it down where I wanted it so that it wouldn't stick out and cover up the words.  I adhered that whole panel to a Crumb Cake card base and attached the focal image piece with dimensionals.  

I hope you liked today's project!  Hop on over to my Etsy store to see what's there... I have a couple of card tutorials for sale as well as a few finished cards.  And don't forget to visit my Retired Products page to see what gently used Stampin' Up! stamps I am selling!  Thanks for stopping by!

 

  Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...