Thursday, April 2, 2015

More LAAT Creations





Hi everyone!  Day two after toe surgery, and it's feeling a bit better already.  I had to alternate Tylenol and Advil every 2 hours yesterday to manage the pain, but maybe today I won't need to do that.  My stamp room is upstairs, and everything else is downstairs, so I didn't go up there much at all yesterday.  Today I'm posting two cards that I made the day before yesterday, using the same Lovely as a Tree stamp set that has been out on my stamp table for a few days.  I am SUCH a big fan of this stamp set - you can do so many things with it!

In the first card, I used the same techniques I used in my Lakeside Sunset tutorial a couple of posts back (click here to see that tutorial), only I used blues and browns instead for a daytime look.  For the clouds, I tore a post it note roughly and placed it about an inch down on the paper, then sponged Tempting Turquoise above it.  The geese are from an old SU set, Definitely Decorative Pines.  I stamped them in Early Espresso and then used a white gel pen to highlight their bellies and neck markings.

In the second card, I used Gina K Designs 120lb white cardstock to make a single-layer CAS card base.  I masked off the top and bottom portions of the card, and then sponged Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant in for the water.  I made sure to keep the center area of the water lighter, because I was planning to have the moon shining down on it.

For the moon, I punched a 1 3/8" circle out of masking paper and then punched a piece off of that to make a crescent shape.  I stuck the crescent mask into the sky area, masked off the water, and sponged the following colors from the horizon line upward:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze, and Cherry Cobbler.  Then I stamped just the edge of the LAAT treeline stamp onto the left side above the water mask using black ink, and sponged in the hills with more black ink.  I extended the "land" out into the water a bit to look like an island or a peninsula.

I removed the masks and added water ripples with the brush tip of a Perfect Plum Stampin' Write marker, then highlighted them with a white gel pen.  I added stars with the same gel pen.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes underneath the sponged scene.  Using a black Stampin' Write marker and a ruler, I added black lines above and below the scene, breaking the line around the sentiment.

The supply list (especially ink colors) is really long for both of these cards, so if you want to see what colors I used, please hop over to my Splitcoast gallery and read the descriptions there today:




I'll probably do one more with this set soon; I'm making a set of 4 cards for a friend, using the same stamp set - and so far I have 3 done.  Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Naomi, these are two wonderful designs! The first one would be perfect for the SplitcoastStampers Ways to Use it 'elements' Challenge of "Earth, Wind, Fire, Water" today! You probably already know that. Thank you for kind comment in my SCS gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...