Thursday, July 2, 2015

June & July Creative Crew Projects

Just got back from a week in California visiting my parents and sight-seeing with Brian!  We packed so much into 8 days; I am exhausted.  But it was a great time!  I'll share a couple photos at the end of this post.  But first, here are my four July projects for the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew, which I had to post a couple days late because of our travel (June projects are further down):



This card was really fun to make.  I used modeling paste and tinted it with three different reinkers to make the ice cream scoops: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Cucumber Crush.  The cones were cut using my paper trimmer and some Kraft cardstock, then embossed with the Fancy Fan TIEF.   





This card uses the two softer in-colors; Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe.  I also used a couple retired products on this card: the Indescribable Gift stamp set and the eyelet border punch.  The pink color on the flowers is Blushing Bride. 





This card was inspired by a cute strawberry that I saw by Jennifer Brum here.  The candy dots are actually Crushed Curry, while the yellow cardstock is Delightful Dijon.  I used both the Polka Dot and Decorative Dots embossing folders for this as well as a heart punch for the strawberry.
 




This is a cute little place card to put at a dinner guest's plate, especially if you are eating outside during the summer.  The "bite" is made with a scallop circle punch, and Watermelon Wonder ink was sponged into the white half circle almost to the edge, leaving a white "rind."

I can't believe I forgot to put up my June projects.  This summer has been a whirlwind so far, and now it is finally settling down for me.  Here goes - click on the links to view descriptions and supplies:






 



 





And here are a couple photos from our trip to sunny CA, just for fun!

Muir Woods (redwood forest)


Robert Mondavi winery/vineyards
 

Brian in front of the Grateful Dead House (710 Ashbury, San Francisco)
 

The two of us in front of the Golden Gate Park Conservatory


At the Castle Winery in Napa Valley


Our hotel in Napa (Old World Inn) - highly recommend!!


  Sea lions at Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco


Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...