Monday, August 17, 2015

Butterfly Basics Birthday Card


Hello everyone,
Today's card was made with the Butterfly Basics stamp set, using a distress stain watercolor technique that I learned from Heather Telford's tutorial here.  If you have never browsed Heather's gorgeous watercolor work, check out her website for lots of amazing inspiration.  She is one of my favorite card makers, and I absolutely adore her watercolor style. 

You can check out the tutorial I linked above for a video that explains everything in detail, but basically what I did here is I inked up the flower stamp with distress stains and spritzed it lightly with water.  Then I stamped it onto the smoother side of a piece of watercolor paper, and used my Aquapainter to pull some of the ink into the image to color it before it completely dried.  I love this technique with outline image stamps, and I can't wait to play around with it more!

Have a great day!
 
Stamps: SU Butterfly Basics
Ink: Distress stains in Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, and Peeled Paint; distress marker in Vintage Photo; Memento Rich Cocoa inkpad
Paper: Watercolor paper (cold press), Chocolate Chip and Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock
Accessories: Aquapainter, spray bottle containing water 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...