Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Butterfly Tag Thanks


Hi everyone!  Today's project is for the Splitcoaststampers challenge from Monday, which was to somehow incorporate a tag onto your project.  I cut my tag from a piece of watercolor paper, and started by sponging on some Tumbled Glass distress ink from the top of the tag down, getting lighter as I went.  Then I colored in one of the flower stamps from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set Nature Silhouettes, using Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write markers.  I spritzed the stamp lightly with water and stamped it down, repeating this process two more times.  I colored in the butterfly from the same stamp set with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze markers, spritzed it with water and stamped it above the flowers.  I drew in his body with a Chocolate Chip marker and softened the lines of it with a baby wipe.  Finally, I roughed up the edges of the tag with the blade of my scissors, and sponged around the edge of it with Broken China and Peeled Paint distress inks.

For the card background, I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5" and heat embossed the butterflies from Stampin' Up!'s Kinda Eclectic stamp set all over it, using clear embossing powder.  I also heat embossed the "thanks" sentiment from the Hip Hip Hooray card kit stamp set in white onto a 3/4" wide strip of Tempting Turquoise cardstock.  The rest of the card layers are made with Tempting Turquoise and Cajun Craze cardstock, and the chevron ribbon is adhered on with glue dots.  The tag was popped up with dimensionals at a slight angle. 

I hope you like this colorful project today!  I tried to use some colors that transition from late summer into fall, because that's how our weather has been around here lately.  It's been absolutely gorgeous.  Hope you're having a great week - it's our last week of summer before we are back to school on Monday!  Enjoy!  

Stamps: SNSS Nature Silhouettes, SU Kinda Eclectic, Hip Hip Hooray
Ink:  Versamark, Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peeled Paint
Paper: SU Cajun Craze, Tempting Turquoise, Kraft, and watercolor paper
Accessories: SU chevron ribbon, foam adhesive, glue dots, sponge wedges, Stampin' Write markers, spray bottle with water, white and clear embossing powders 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...