Sunday, August 16, 2015

Happy Congratulations: Stepped Up Version


This is the second version of the card I made in the previous post, inspired by the decorations at a wedding we recently attended.  You can decide which one you like better; I personally like this one!  A card never feels quite right to me unless it has at least a couple of layers, ha!

I followed the same basic steps that I used to create the first one, except that instead of masking off the whole front of the card, I just stamped and sponged the lantern scene onto a piece of Whisper White that measured 2 3/4" x 4 1/4".  I also added a little Apricot Appeal ink to the lanterns to give them a bit of dimension, and the chalk that I used to shade in the hearts was an orange-yellow instead of straight yellow.  I matted this panel onto another piece of Whisper White that was 3" wide, and then onto a piece of Midnight Muse that was 3 1/4" wide.  The Kraft card base was stamped with the lantern outline image in Baked Brown Sugar ink, after stamping off once each time so it wouldn't be too dark.

Hope you like these two designs... have a great night!
 
Stamps: SU Happy Congratulations and GKD Nature's Greetings
Ink: Midnight Muse, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Versamark
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Midnight Muse
Accessories: Sticky notes, white gel pen, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat tool, orange-yellow chalk, eyeshadow applicator, sponge wedges, iron, Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...