Sunday, August 16, 2015

Happy Congratulations


We just got back from the most lovely wedding, and this card is inspired by the decor and color scheme that the bride chose.  She had a gorgeous blue and purple theme going on, with all these beautiful paper lanterns glowing around the room.  I just had to pull out the Happy Congratulations stamp set and make this card when I got home!  I had already made them a different wedding card, but now I wish I'd made this one instead.  I still might send it to them now, after the fact!

This is a one-layer, CAS card, made on a card base of Gina K Designs 120lb white cardstock.  First, I masked off the area I wanted to stamp and sponge with sticky notes.  Then I heat embossed the lantern outline image in clear EP, and masked off the centers of each lantern with masking paper.  Then I sponged Midnight Muse and Night of Navy inks onto the space, starting from the top of the card down.  When the ink was dry, I removed all the masks and ironed off the clear EP to leave a flat, white outline for the lanterns.  I stamped the centers of the lanterns using So Saffron ink.  Then I heat embossed the sentiment in white EP, and added stars and hearts with my white gel pen.  When the pen ink was dry, I dabbed over the hearts with yellow chalk and a little eyeshadow applicator, to make them "glow."  For those of you who are wondering why I went to the trouble of ironing off the embossing on the lantern outlines, it's because the tiny lines that crisscross the center of the lanterns wouldn't have been heat embossed, and I thought it might look better if all the white lines were consistent (not having some raised and shiny, while others were flat and matte).  You could certainly leave the heat embossing as it is and skip that step.

Flat, and easy for mailing... but I have plans for a stepped-up version soon, so stay tuned!  Hope you enjoy today's project... have a great Sunday, and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: SU Happy Congratulations and GKD Nature's Greetings
Ink: Midnight Muse, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Versamark
Paper: GKD 120lb white cardstock
Accessories: Sticky notes, white gel pen, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat tool, yellow chalk, eyeshadow applicator, sponge wedges, iron, Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...