Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mallard Rising


Happy August!  I have been spending most of this summer preparing to teach a new grade level next year, as well as organizing different areas of our home... so I haven't had nearly as much time to stamp as I usually do during the summer.  But this stamp set has been out on my desk for a month now, and I've been itching to give it a whirl!

For this birthday card, I started by stamping the duck from The Wilderness Awaits set, using StazOn Timber Brown ink.  The whisper white panel I used measured 3" x 4.25".  I colored him in using color pencils, keeping the darker shading close to where the shading marks are on the stamped image.  Then I roughly sketched in the water and mountains, and colored them in with color pencils as well.  For the sky, I went with peach and pink tones.  I used the sentiment from the Wetlands stamp set, and stamped it in StazOn Timber Brown ink in the top left corner.  I lightly sponged some Creamy Caramel ink around the edges of the panel, mounted it on a 3 1/8" x 4 3/8" piece of Early Espresso cardstock, and then onto a Bermuda Bay card base that I had embossed with the Tulip Frame TIEF.  Hope you enjoy today's nature-inspired card, and thanks for stopping by! 

Stamps: Stampin' Up! The Wilderness Awaits and Wetlands 
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown
Cardstock:  Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories: Color pencils, Tulip Frame TIEF, foam adhesive, Stamp-a-ma-jig 

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful card, Naomi! I've never used colored pencils on my cards, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...