Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bamboo Sunset Birthday Card


Hi everyone,
Today I have a dramatic sunset sky for you.  I just love this kind of background, and this card would work well for either a masculine or feminine card.  This card is also for the CC548 color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  I didn't use Crushed Curry ink, but with all the blending of colors, my yellows ended up looking like it!

To start, I sponged So Saffron ink onto the top 2/3 of a piece of Whisper White cardstock (measuring 3 3/4" x 5").  Then I punched a 2" circle from a sticky note, and adhered it where I wanted the sun to be.  I used a rubber brayer to apply Pumpkin Pie ink downwards from the top of the card, and then a little bit of Cherry Cobbler ink over that.

When the brayering was done, I removed the circle mask and sponged a tiny bit of Pumpkin Pie ink onto the sun.  Then I inked up the retired Bamboo background stamp in Mossy Meadow and stamped it onto the panel.  When it was completely dry, I sponged Old Olive ink up from the bottom, to blend in with the So Saffron.  I sponged a little Mossy Meadow at the very bottom, and some Basic Black along the bottom edge and corners for some depth.  I wanted to use Garden Green like it said in the challenge, but somehow it was too bluish for this card. 

For embellishments, I added white gel pen accents to the leaves, gold brads in the top corner, and a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, heat embossed in gold on Early Espresso and punched out with the Modern Label punch.  I backed that with one of the Ribbon Tag dies by Spellbinders in Daffodil Delight cardstock, and some green satin ribbon.  The panel is mounted on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Early Espresso cardstock, and then onto a Pumpkin Pie card base.

I love the bold colors and images on this card.  I hope you like it too - thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...