Sunday, October 4, 2015

Blue Acacia


I really didn't think I'd get to stamp anything this weekend; my to-do list was a mile long!  But I finally got some time this evening after dinner, and it's amazing how much better I feel when I get just a little time to be creative during the week.  I think it's important to take the time to rest and play, even if you can only squeeze in a little of it!

This card takes me back to my childhood, growing up in Tanzania (East Africa).  I was playing along with the color challenge from this past week on Splitcoaststampers, which was Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky and Marina Mist: 




Usually I stamp silhouette stamps in black or Early Espresso, but using a blue or purple can make them seem like they are in softer shadow.  I sponged in some Pumpkin Pie along the bottom to deepen the Daffodil, since it was a little bright for a nighttime scene.  The tree stamp is from Sweet Grass Stamps, and it's called Giraffe and Acacia.  The sentiment comes from Stampin' Up!'s Awesomely Artistic stamp set.

A lovely color challenge, and lots of fun to play with!  Have a great evening, and thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...