Friday, October 16, 2015

Chasing the Light


What a beautiful day it was today!  Tomorrow Brian and I are going to the MN Landscape Arboretum to look at the changing colors on the trees.  I can't wait!  This is a card I made this evening, and I gave it this title because autumn is all about the light changing as the amount of daylight decreases... but also because I was hurrying to get the card done so I could photograph it before the sun set.  Ha ha!

I really love how this one turned out.  I used some current stuff and some retired stuff.  I always loved how the Sweater Weather DSP had that unexpected touch of Soft Sky in it, so that is the color scheme I went with.  I was inspired by Dawn Griffith's card here, and France Martin's card here, to do a scene on a leaf die.  I sponged the AUTUMN TRIFECTA of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze onto the leaf, then stamped the trees from the White Christmas set and the leaves from the Holiday Home set onto it.  I also cut out a leaf from Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky cardstock, and ran the Soft Sky one through the Houndstooth embossing folder.  I layered the three leaves with snail adhesive and then attached them to the card with foam dimensionals.  A Soft Sky seam binding bow finished the look.  The ribbon had kind of been smashed into my ribbon basket, so it came out kind of curly and wonky, which I think is kind of cute!

Hope you enjoyed this project today - thanks for stopping by!



Stamps:  SU White Christmas, Holiday Home
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DSP
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Memento Rich Cocoa, Real Red
Accessories and Tools: Houndstooth TIEF, Soft Sky seam binding, Stampin' Dimensionals, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, sponge wedges, Chocolate Chip marker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...