Monday, October 5, 2015

Color Challenge Card #1


Hello, everyone!  This month I am honored to be a guest designer for the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge thread, woo hooo!  Our colors this week are So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, and Blushing Bride.  

 
For dessert, we are challenged to use flowers on our card.  My in-laws' anniversary is coming up next month, so it was the perfect chance to make them something!

I went with a simple but dramatic design on this one, with lots of open space and bold color.  At first when I looked at the color choices, I thought my card would end up on the pale side, but I found that even with these subtle inks, you can really build up the depth by sponging on more and more.

The main panel is a 4 3/4" square of Whisper White, which I sponged on the diagonal with all three colors, blending where they overlapped.  The tulips are from the Blessed Easter set; I stamped them in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a separate scrap of white cardstock, colored them in with the Stampin' Write markers in this week's colors, and then fussy cut them out.  I used the 2-way glue pen to adhere the tulips to the sponged panel, trimming off the excess at the bottom.  The sentiment is from the Gina K Designs Elegant Post stamp set, and I stamped it also in Memento Rich Cocoa.  I mounted the panel onto an Early Espresso Mat and then onto a So Saffron card base.  Candy dots helped create a visual triangle with the sentiment and flower image.  I kept wondering if this card needed something more to fill up all that open space... a ribbon bow?  Some Gorgeous Grunge splatters?  But in the end, I decided to go with the simple, open look of this card.  I think it gives the tulips more impact that way.  I hope you liked today's project, and I can't wait to show you what I'm working on for next week's color challenge!  Check back here next Monday evening for card #2!  

1 comment:

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...