Monday, October 12, 2015

Color Challenge Card #2: Christmas Forest


Fall conferences are over now, and while I enjoy meeting with the families of my students, it is nice not to be working 14-hour days anymore!  Time to catch up on sleep and housework now, ha ha!  ...And a little stamping, of course!

Today's card is for this week's color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, where we had to use Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, and Sahara Sand:


I love using a light green around a moon, because I feel like it adds a little mystical glow to the sky.  If I were to do this card again, I think I'd add a touch of Soft Suede as a mat around the sponged panel, and a row of Soft Suede trees in the foreground to give it some "pop."  But I also like the softness of this card... I think it goes well with the sentiment.  Dessert was to use our favorite embellishment, but honestly I couldn't figure out where to put one.  This is the first Christmas card I've done so far this year, and knowing my busy schedule, I'd better get cracking!

To make the card, I masked off a 1 1/2" circle, and sponged Pistachio Pudding ink lightly outwards from the center of the moon mask.  Then I blended in Pool Party, sponging it all over the rest of the card, layering it on darker towards the bottom and edges.  I added some Sahara Sand sponging at the very bottom.  I stamped the pine tree from the Lovely as a Tree set several times in both Pool Party and Sahara Sand, and heat embossed the sentiment in white EP.  I'm sorry, I don't remember where I got the sentiment stamp from!  If anyone knows, please post it in the comments.  I hope this card inspires you to make some frosty, moonlit scenes!

I also did another card, which almost went to Card Heaven because of the pinecones... which were far, far less than perfect.  LOL.  But I included it here just for fun:


Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Pear Pizzaz (stamped on top for detail), Sahara Sand (stamped on top of itself 5 times to darken the color), Soft Suede (sentiment)
Paper: Watercolor paper, Old Olive, Sahara Sand
Stamps: Ornamental Pine
Techniques: Sponging, stamping
Accessories: Sahara Sand Candy Dots, sponge wedge


  I know this one has been done a million times, a million ways - but the color challenge was perfect for it, so I thought, "What the heck!  Another Christmas card done!"  I know you feel me here.  Those Christmas cards have got to be started early OR ELSE.   Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards Naomi. Love the soft look. So serene and peaceful. BTW! Welcome to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi! Beautiful cards! So happy you are guesting with us at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...