Monday, October 26, 2015

Color Challenge Cards #4: Christmas and Birthday

I'm back with the final color challenge for the month of October.  It has been such fun to play along with these challenges every week, and I am so grateful to the ladies over at Splitcoaststampers who invited me to be a guest designer for these past four weeks!  I've had a blast working with the beautiful color combos they came up with!

This week's colors are Mossy Meadow, Baja Breeze, and Crumb Cake:


I came up with two very different card ideas for this one.  The first is a Christmas card, of course!  I am slowly working on them this year, because I've learned that I really don't enjoy mass-producing too many of the same design.  It gets a little boring for me.  But if I want every card to be different, I have to really start early and keep plugging away!


For this card, I used the Penny Black Prancers  set (for the pine trees), and Stampin' Up!'s Lovely as a Tree, Gorgeous Grunge, and White Christmas sets.  I started by masking off the snow area with a post-it and brayering Baja Breeze ink from the top down for the sky.  With the mask still in place, I sponged some Crumb Cake at the horizon.  Then I moved the post-it mask and lightly sponged a second hill i Baja Breeze, a bit lower down.  I inked up the two larger trees from the Prancers set in Mossy Meadow ink, and stamped the larger one near the bottom of the panel and the smaller one up higher.  I stamped the Lovely as a Tree background trees in Crumb Cake, and the sentiment from White Christmas in Soft Suede.  When all the ink was dry, I heat embossed the splatters from Gorgeous Grunge over everything with white embossing powder.  I matted the panel onto some Soft Suede cardstock and then onto a Crumb Cake card base.

For my second card, I made a floral birthday design:


To start, I inked up a clear block with Baja Breeze ink and stamped it down onto some watercolor paper to make a square impression.  I blended it lightly with an Aquapainter and dried it with my heat gun.  Then I stamped the flowers from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Nature Silhouettes set in Mossy Meadow ink.  The sentiment comes from LJD Pretty Poppies, and I stamped it in Soft Suede ink.  I mounted the piece onto Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake mats, tied some Mossy Meadow ribbon around it, and popped it up onto a Mossy Meadow card base with foam adhesive.

These colors are so earthy, you can really do a lot of different cards with them.  They'd make a beautiful lake scene too, and they're soft and muted enough for a sympathy card as well.  Thanks for coming over and taking a look!  Have a great week!

My Splitcoaststampers gallery

My Facebook page

Stamps: SNSS Nature Silhouettes, SU Gorgeous Grunge, Lovely as a Tree, White Christmas, LJD Pretty Poppies, Penny Black Prancers
 Paper: Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, watercolor paper
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Versamark
Accessories and Tools: Brayer, heat gun, white embossing powder, post-it notes, sponge wedges, clear block, aquapainter, Mossy Meadow ribbon, foam adhesive, glue dots, ATG tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...