Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Dreams of Travel


Hi everyone!  Today I had a card for this week's Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge, but sadly I was too late to upload it.  Boo.  Still a fun sketch to play with though!  Here's the sketch we got to use:


I rotated it 180 degrees so that the horizontal strip was across the bottom of the panel instead of the top.

To make this card, I first sponged a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with the old retired Creamy Caramel ink.  I LOVE and miss this color - it's a much warmer beige than any of the current ones.  I even had a few pieces of cardstock left over that I've been hoarding, so it was time to pull it out for the card base!

After sponging the panel, I stamped various images from the Traveler stamp set all over it, using Ranger Archival Black ink.  I was going for a collage-y look.  I also stamped the suitcase on a scrap of vanilla and fussy cut it out, after sponging it.  For the banner across the bottom, I used a 1" strip of Very Vanilla, sponged it lightly, and stamped the sentiment from the Gina K Designs Dreams stamp set.  I thought it went well with the idea of traveling off to far away places.

I added some antique brads and popped the suitcase up on dimensionals.  Quick and easy!

Hope you liked today's project!

Stamps: GKD Dreams, SU Traveler
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Archival Black
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories and tools: Paper snips, dimensionals, brads, sponge wedge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...