Thursday, October 8, 2015

From My Heart


Happy Thursday, everyone!  This card was so much fun to make, and would be a really easy one to make several of.  You could easily swap out the hearts for little flowers or butterflies or whatever you have instead, too.  The challenge was to watercolor some punched pieces or die cuts, and place them on your card somehow.

What made this card fun for me was that I was trying out some new watercolor paper this time:

 I have always used cold press watercolor paper, which has a lovely texture to it but isn't great for stamping.  This is hot press, and it's SO smooth.  It punches/die cuts like a dream and absorbs watercolor and reinker beautifully.  I didn't actually stamp on the watercolor paper this time, but after using it for the hearts on this card, I can't wait to paint a stamped image on it.  HIGHLY recommend.

I started by punching out several hearts with Stampin' Up!'s retired Heart to Heart punch, and brushed them with plain water to dampen the paper.  Then I dabbed on some Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint distress inks, letting them bleed into each other and swirl around.  I put those aside to dry and moved on to the rest of the card.  For the background, I stamped the top half of a piece of Whisper White with the Woodgrain stamp in Crumb Cake ink, and the sentiment from the An Open Heart stamp set in Old Olive ink.  I adhered this panel to a Bermuda Bay mat, and attached a ribbon wrap made from Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay ribbons.  Then I put this panel onto a Kraft card base, and added three candy dots that I had colored with a turquoise Sharpie (since I ran out of Bermuda Bay candy dots).  Finally, once the hearts were dry, I attached them with foam dimensionals.

I think the watercolored hearts remind me a little bit of Earth, with the greens and blues... it would have been even more perfect if I had a sentiment that said something like, "You mean the world to me!"  Something to put on my ever-present wish list, sigh! 

Have a wonderful day... the weekend is in sight, hooray!  Thanks for stopping by!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...