Sunday, October 25, 2015

Get Your Party On!


Hey everyone!  Today I am submitting a card for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge.  Isn't this one fun?  I just LOVE the background stamp (Garland Bold Prints).  It reminds me of those gorgeous, glamorous long strings of pearls and jewels that the flappers of the '20's would wear.  I think it would be perfect for Christmas or New Year's, or a birthday, a retirement, a graduation, a wedding, any kind of dressy celebration.  Even a girls' night out invitation - how FUN would that be?!  I can't wait to try more techniques with this stamp.  There is SO much you can do with it!

The sentiment is from the WOOT WOOT set from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  The sentiments in this set are fun and sassy, and they always make me smile!

To make this card, I first heat embossed the background stamp in gold embossing powder onto a 4 5/8" square of Very Vanilla cardstock.  After it had cooled, I sponged on the following colors from the bottom up:  So Saffron, Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, Rich Razzleberry, and Pacific Point.  As an afterthought, I added a little touch of Pumpkin Pie to the bottom, and I love the warmth it gives.  I used a clean rag to buff the ink off of the gold embossed areas.




I wanted to mat the panel on some gold foil cardstock but all I have left are little scraps, so I used a Krylon gold leafing pen to go around the outer edge.  Cheaper and less bulky for mailing anyway!  Win!



To finish the card, I matted the embossed panel onto a Basic Black square that was 3/16" larger, and then onto a 5 1/4" square Pacific Point card base.  I stamped the "Get your party on" sentiment onto a 4 5/8" strip of Basic Black and heat embossed it in gold, then adhered it to the bottom of the front panel.

Here's the inside of the card - this sentiment is also from the WOOT WOOT set, and I stamped it in Rich Razzleberry:


 Such a fun, happy project to make!  I hope you enjoyed seeing my process today.  Thanks for stopping by!

Ink:  Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, SU So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Paper:  SU Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pacific Point
Accessories and Tools:  Gold embossing powder, heat gun, Krylon gold leafing pen, sponge wedges

1 comment:

  1. So fun, love the inky goodness!
    Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...