Saturday, October 17, 2015

Golden Leaves


Hello everyone!  Today I have another fall card for you, which I am entering into the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  I just love the warmth that glows from this one (click on it to see it better).  I was inspired by this illustration by Daniel Arriaga, found on the Pinterest Illustration board linked in the challenge thread:

I love the golden light filtering down through all the warm browns and honey colors in this one.  I immediately thought of the retired Stampin' Up! stamp set, Trendy Trees:


To make this card, I started by masking off the edges of a 3" x 4.5" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with sticky notes.  Then I sponged on a background of So Saffron and Daffodil Delight ink, keeping it lighter towards the center.  

To create the circle of color behind the leaves on each tree, I first stamped the leaves image onto a sticky note and then trimmed around it with my scissors, leaving a hole in the sticky note that would act as a mask.  I placed this hole in the center of the sponged panel and used a sponge dauber to lightly sponge Delightful Dijon ink into the space.  It's a dark ink, so go easy!  Then I removed the mask, stamped the leaves in Delightful Dijon, and the trunk in Early Espresso.  I repeated this for the trees on either side as well.  I added Daffodil Delight leaves from the Holiday Home stamp set, and the sentiment from Vivid Vases.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: SU Trendy Trees, Holiday Home, Vivid Vases
Ink: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso
Accessories and Tools: Sticky notes, sponge wedges, stamp-a-ma-jig  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...