Thursday, October 8, 2015

Resting


It's 9:53 p.m. and I just got home from work an hour ago.  I really can't come home and just go straight to bed, even if I'm exhausted.  I have to do something to wind down for a while, and tonight this was it, ha!  I pulled out two stamp sets that haven't seen the light of day for a while, and that's always fun... Zoo Review and Nature Silhouettes.  

First, I colored the tree/grass image from Nature Silhouettes with Stampin' Write markers in Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, and Chocolate Chip.  Then I breathed on the stamp to remoisten the ink and stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White that measured 2 3/4" x 2 1/2".  Then I stamped the lion image from Zoo Review in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, onto the grassy clearing area.  I colored him in with Stampin' Write markers in Delightful Dijon and More Mustard.  I also stamped him again onto some Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper, fussy cut the mask out and placed it over my colored lion.  With the mask in place, I sponged the sky lightly in Bashful Blue ink.  Finally, I removed the mask and matted the panel on various layers of cardstock (Chocolate Chip, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow).  I adhered this to an Old Olive card base and embellished it with SU washi tape and a button from hubby's old pants.  LOL.   A nice masculine card for any occasion.

And now I am sufficiently relaxed... time for bed and up early for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...