Sunday, October 25, 2015

Snowy Scene


Hello there!  I'm back with my second card for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge.  This one uses The Hero Arts Snowy Scene stamp, which is a single stamp that is mostly solid rubber, with the trees and snow and deer finely carved into it so that when you ink it up, you are only inking the sky.  I inked the stamp with Lost Lagoon ink, and then used a sponge dauber to apply Midnight Muse ink to the top portion of the stamp.  After I stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock, I trimmed it down and adhered it to a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock, and then to a Midnight Muse card base.  I cut two 5" strips of Whisper White cardstock and tore the long edge of each one to create snowy banks that extended out beyond the width of the stamped panel, then sponged Lost Lagoon along the torn edge.  After I adhered those to the card front, I used my white gel pen to add snow to the Lost Lagoon panel, keeping it heavier at the top and tapering off as it neared the snow banks.  That's it!  Simple and serene. 

I can't wait to try this stamp using a circle of sticky note to mask off a moon first.  I think it would also make a gorgeous sunrise scene.  And I want to try coloring in the trees a little on one card.  Lots of ideas for this one!

That's it for now... thanks for stopping by!

Ink: SU Lost Lagoon, Midnight Muse
Paper: SU Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Midnight Muse
Accessories and Tools:  Sponge wedge, white gel pen, sponge dauber  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your choices of color are fantastic. Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Pretty!
    Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...