Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Four Seasons - mini scenes


I just love having time to stamp.  It's MEA break, and for the past 3 days I have actually had some time to sit down and create, and it is truly therapeutic.  I am in the mood for all things autumn lately, and who can blame me when we have trees like THIS here in our state:


I mean, WOW!  

Brian and I spent the morning/early afternoon walking around the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum today, enjoying the crisp sunny weather and the breathtaking fall colors.  What a beautiful week we've had, for sure!

Anyway, many of my cards lately have been inspired by the natural beauty outside, and today's is no exception.  I felt like doing some miniature scenes today, so I die cut four of the feather shapes from Stampin' Up!'s feather dies, from Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used Bashful Blue to sponge the sky on three of them, and greens and browns for the ground... Certainly Celery for spring, Old Olive for summer, Crumb Cake for fall, and left the winter ground white.  The fall sky is Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie.  Then I stamped the single tree from the White Christmas stamp set onto the center of each die cut, and colored it in with a Chocolate Chip marker.  For the summer tree, I stamped the little leaves from the Holiday Home set in Garden Green all over the branches, and added white gel pen flowers in the grass.  For the fall tree, I stamped the leaves in Real Red ink.  For the winter tree I left the leaves off, but stamped the little cardinal onto the branch and colored him in with a Real Red marker, and I also stamped snowflakes in the background with Bashful Blue ink.  Finally for the spring tree, I used Certainly Celery and Blushing Bride markers to draw in baby leaves and flower buds.

The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory; I ran the Kraft panel through the Square Lattice TIEF and embellished with vanilla candy dots and linen thread.  Supplies are listed below.  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: SU Holiday Home, White Christmas
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Crumb Cake Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Memento Rich Cocoa, Garden Green, Real Red
Paper: Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Kraft, Soft Suede
Accessories and Tools: SU feathers die, sponge wedges, neutrals candy dots, linen thread, Square Lattice TIEF, Stampin' Write markers in Real Red, Blushing Bride, and Certainly Celery, white gel pen, foam adhesive


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...