Sunday, November 1, 2015

Season's Greetings


Hey everyone!  Today I'm sharing my third card for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge.  It uses the stamp set Deck the Halls, which is actually an awesome set in spite of its size (the whole set is 3" x 3").  You get a ton of little stamps, AND... there are two sets of antlers (one with pinecones hanging off them - shown on my card - and a smaller set without pinecones).  The best thing about this set is that the antlers are separate from the deer, so you can make a male OR female deer.  And because there's a baby deer in the set, you could use this for a spring card too!  Super versatile.  

To make this card, I started by die cutting one of Stampin' Up!'s labels framelits from a scrap of copy paper.  I used the open frame to mask off an area on my white cardstock, and then I sponged Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black into the opening.  Then I removed the mask and stamped the deer and larger antlers onto the ground area.  I used the paper piercing template to pierce holes around the inside border of the sponged shape, and stamped the little snowflakes from the same stamp set using white craft ink.  I added a sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s Bright and Beautiful stamp set, and a Rich Razzleberry bow.  I also used a white gel pen to accent the eye, nose, and ears of the reindeer.

I like these non-traditional colors for a Christmas card!  I hope this inspires you to think about sponging a scene inside the negative space of a die cut.  Any label shape would work here.  That's it for now - have a great day!


Stamps:  Hero Arts Deck the Halls, Stampin' Up! Bright and Beautiful
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Accessories and Tools: Rich Razzleberry cotton ribbon, Stampin' Up! Labels Framelits, sponge wedges, paper piercing tool, Stampin' Up! Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Uniball Signo white gel pen, ticket corner punch 

1 comment:

  1. Big fan of the use of non-traditional colors...this is awesome.
    Thanks for joining us for the Hero Arts Holiday Cardmaking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...